Monday, April 11, 2016

BARREN COVE AVAILABLE APRIL 26, 2016

IT HAS BEEN LONG ENOUGH SINCE I last posted on We Too Were Children that I have to admit the blog is defunct. There are still a lot of books I want to highlight, but the amount of work each post takes has become prohibitive. Hopefully, a time will come when I can revive the blog or find other ways to get out new material.

One last product of We Too Were Children is my article on Ken Kesey's lost novel Tales of Grandma Whittier, which appeared in Slice Magazine Issue 17. I started to do a series on Kesey's children's books for the blog, and discovered that he had self-published an unfinished serial novel. That discovery led to months of research that culminated in the article, so that article can be considered the final publication of We Too Were Children, Mr. Barrie. Please click through to Slice's website to find out how you can get a copy of the magazine.

My new novel BARREN COVE will be released on Tuesday, April 26, 2016. The starred review in Booklist called it "A quietly brilliant look at what it means to be human....A modern classic." And Kirkus Reviews said it "Weaves a uniquely dreamy spell and a lingering one. Lyrical, unexpected, and curiously affecting...a story that lodges uneasily in the heart and mind."

I will be making the following appearances in support of the book:

April 17, Bethesda Literary Festival @ The Hyatt Regency, Bethesda, MD
April 26, The Corner Bookstore, New York City, NY
April 27, Main Point Books, Bryn Mawr, PA
April 28, Atomic Books, Baltimore, MD

Please come out and introduce yourself. I'd love to meet readers of the blog. And if you are a bookstore or a book group that is interested in scheduling an event, please get in touch.

I will try to update this page occasionally, but the best way to stay up to date is to "Like" my Facebook page Ariel S. Winter and to follow my Twitter feed.

Thank you for reading over the years. On to other projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment